We put on makeup every morning and for this, we sometimes dedicate more than 10 minutes. However, when we come home tired all day, we try to get rid of makeup quickly, and even sometimes we don’t. We just wash our faces in the shower thinking that is enough. That’s wrong! We tell you the reasons that make makeup removal an essential step in any beauty routine. Even if you don’t have enough time for it, you can use a blotting paper. It can absorb most of the makeup elements that are still left in the pores of your face.
We’re going to give you the guidelines to follow to remove make-up correctly, to maintain hydrated and youthful skin. Removing the remains of makeup and pollution every night is an equally important step as the rest of the skincare process, such as applying our basic treatment products or putting on the sunscreen every morning, and it should not take us more than 10 minutes. How should make-up removal be? We tell you the steps necessary for the skin to be perfectly clean.
The steps to follow are those:
– Wash the entire face with a mild soap suitable for each skin type. Allows you to remove most of the makeup and dirt that has accumulated. If your skin is very reactive and does not tolerate water, use cleansing lotions that do not need rinsing.
– Use a specific eye make-up remover, which is not aggressive, to remove the mascara.
– Use a cotton pad with a little makeup remover milk to remove the remains of lipstick.
– With a cotton pad soaked in micellar water, remove any makeup residue that may have remained on the skin.
– You can also use a makeup remover cloth to clean any makeup residue that may still be left in your pores. You only need water (cold water if possible) for that.
And after removing makeup, what is the next step?
Once our skin is clean and ready to receive night treatment products, it is important that we choose the right ones. In young people who are not yet over 30, the use of a serum, gel, or cream rich in alpha-hydroxy acids will help to keep it luminous and free of imperfections such as pimples or blackheads.
Above 30, the ideal is to start using a retinoic acid-based product that, in addition to providing luminosity and removing superficial imperfections, will activate the production of collagen, helping the skin to maintain its elasticity.
When the first sunspots begin to appear over the years, we must add a specific depigmenting treatment, sometimes accompanying retinoic acid in the same product or separately.
The most important thing: protect yourself from the sun
None of the above will be really effective if we do not protect the skin from the sun every morning, be it summer or winter, it is the best way to avoid future facial spots and wrinkles and allows the skin not to react badly to night treatments.
Under your sunscreen, every morning, apply vitamin C. There are multiple ampoules and serum on the market rich in vitamin C. A great antioxidant that will help reduce damage to your skin cells.
As you have seen, removing makeup residue from the face is not as difficult as one might think. You can follow the steps above or some of them. As long as you clean your face regularly, you can significantly minimize the negative effects of using makeup. We hope that this article was useful. Thank you for reading!