One of the most useful and common software that almost every professional graphic designer needs to uses is Adobe Photoshop. It is very powerful software that is developed by Adobe Corporation. A designer requires this software for several purposes, such as editing the image, merging multiple images, creating web page design, creating ad banners, and adding some special visual effects on any work, etc. Web or graphic designers mainly uses this software since all these types of works can be done with the help of Photoshop. The good thing is that you can Photoshop online as well and hence you will be able to do your work both online as well as offline. Since Photoshop is very convenient to use most designers prefer to use the Online Photoshop free.
Purpose of using Photoshop in creating professional images
The following are some essential reasons why you need to use Photoshop:
- Photo Restoration: As a designer, you need to restore the old or damaged photograph. This software helps in restoring a photograph with the help of filters and other features of the software. With the help of this software, it becomes possible to remove the blemish or any kind of spot that may have remained in the photograph. For example, you can remove the noise and dust in the photograph if you use Photoshop.
- Resizing the image: Another most essential purpose of using Photoshop is to resize or crop the image. It is very easy to resize or crop the image in Photoshop and all that you need to do is to select the Image from the Menu Option and click on Size. After that, a dialog box will appear in front of you, and from this dialog box, you can easily select the required pixel height, width, and resolution.
- Animation: As a graphic designer it is very essential to do animation and Photoshop is a fine tool for making the animation. All that you need to do in Photoshop is to create frames in the form of layers. When all the forms will be created you just need to activate the panel from the timeline. After that, you have to choose the option ‘Make Frames from the Layers’ for creating animation. Finally, you need to export the GIF for making the animation.
- Website graphic: A graphic designer needs to design graphics for the website as well. A web designer or a graphic designer can easily make the graphic for the website layouts. It is very simple to make the graphic with the online Photoshop software. There is a function called FX in Photoshop and you as a graphic designer can easily use that option for adding depth to the button. Apart from that, you can also use some other options like ‘Drop Shadow’ and ‘Bevel and Emboss’. You will also get a Text tool in Photoshop with the help of which it becomes possible to add a name to the button.
- Website layout: Apart from the graphic and animation you can also create the layout of the website in the Photoshop. For creating the layout you have to create as well as assemble the various elements of the website in the same manner that you want to look. After that, you have to select the Slice Tool in order to divide the picture into various parts of the webpage. In this layout, you may also include various things such as the banner, navigation button, etc. After you complete all these things you need to save and export the document with the help of the Save function that is there in the tool. You can save it either on the web or on devices.
These are some essential things that you can do with Photoshop. You can get several versions of Photoshop such as Photoshop Lightroom, Photoshop CC, Photoshop Express, Photoshop Elements. Hence, if you are a web or graphic designer then it is certain that this software will be very useful for your profession. That is the reason why it is always better for a web or graphic designer to know all the features of Photoshop so that you can understand the things that is possible to design with this software.