Do you find yourself doing repetitive data work as a marketer? You don’t have the time for creating strategic campaigns?
Good news! Python is not only for software developers; you can use Python for digital marketing too. It will certainly increase your ROI and efficiency when included in your operations.
In fact, Python is the exact core of digital marketing. Why?
Because modern marketing requires:
- Data science
- SEO & SEM
Just basic coding will improve all, and your best option is Python.
As PEMAVOR, we want to show you guys how this article breaks down specific ways you can use Python for digital marketing.
Table of Contents
What is Python?
Python is an open-sourced programming language used for several purposes. The first purpose of Python is developing software.
Web growth, data science, and DevOps are only a few benefits of Python.
That means you, as a marketer, can benefit from it too.
Python can also be used for:
- Data Analysis
- Data Visualization
- Machine Learning
These abilities make Python perfect as a general-purpose language.
It is the ideal language for you to collect and process data.
More? It can also enhance your SEO results. So, you should know how to use Python for digital marketing.
Marketers with Python knowledge will:
- Create more effective marketing campaigns
- Analyse immense data faster
- Understand user behaviour better
How to Use Python as a Marketer?
Learning how to use Python as a marketer will improve your business. You can use it for ads, customer behaviour, SEO indexation and automation.
You, modern marketers, need to include basic coding knowledge to be competitive. Below, we explain the ways how you can benefit from Python as a marketer.
#1 – Data Analysis
As you know, data is critical to the success of every company. Marketers use a vast amount of data to process and analyse.
We’re aware that collecting data is a significant loss of time for you. Optimising your time is crucial for marketing.
By using Python, you can fully automate your data collection and data analysis.
You can use Python to:
- Trace other companies SEO patterns (See PEMAVOR article here)
- Automate collected data from multiple channels (NumPy, Pandas)
- Automate A/B testing
- Process immense amounts of data
By doing so, you’ll make Python do the heavy lifting while you can focus on your marketing strategies.
Furthermore, practical data analysis will increase your ROI.
#2 – Customer Segmentation and Feedback Analysis
These two elements of digital marketing take considerable time to do. However, they can’t be forgotten about as they are vital parts of marketing.
Fortunately, you can speed up the process using Python. Here is an example by Riley Predum on how he did it.
1. Customer Segmentation
Experience is key for today’s marketing. You must be spending enormous time delivering personalised experience to your customers.
The first step is forming a “customer profile“:
- Customers’ behaviours, preferences and patterns.
To speed things up, Python enables access to the best customer clustering methods.
By using Python for customer segmentation, you’ll be able to categorise your customers in order to:
- Increase your revenue
- Deliver better customer experience
2. Customer Feedback Analysis
Customers will give feedback about your product from different channels. If a company has high-volume sales, it will be hard to analyse them manually.
But you need to be able to check different feedbacks from different sources.
This is where Python comes in.
With Natural Language Processing (NLP), you can automate feedback analysing in order to learn:
- Likes and dislikes concerning your product
- Whether customers are bonded with the brand
- How does your brand’s image evolve over time?
#3 – Automate Repetitive Tasks
We know you spend hours on manual tasks that are repetitive and non-creative. You don’t need to.
With fundamental coding knowledge, Python can do these tasks for you.
Among these are:
- Renaming files
- Searching for a criterion in files
- Filling forms
- File cleaning / Data cleansing
These will take just a few minutes with Python, which manually take your hours. You’ll be able to take time to plan strategies.
Getting rid of redundant work will improve your performance.
#4 – Data Visualisation
The presentation of data in a graphical format, such as a chart, is known as data visualisation.
It helps decision-makers see through analytics to reach a result. It also helps you be better at evaluating data.
But manual data visualisation has two downsides:
- It takes a significant time for marketers
- The end result is not always professional-looking
Python, on the other hand, can create ultimate plots using its special library seaborn. This will take only a line of codes.
The best thing is; if you have a well-prepared chart, it’s easier to convince stakeholders.
Check out KnowledgeNile’s list of the 6 Best Python Data Visualization Tools
#5 – Improved SEO
SEO is one of the most crucial elements of a marketing campaign. SEO issues will harm your business as you rely on traffic heavily.
To help with the SEO matters, you can use Python to detect:
- 404 errors
- Content duplication
- Robot text file
- Broken website navigation
Detecting errors aside, Python can improve your SEO through:
- Automating SEO indexation to monitor rank changes
- Identifying user intent
- Better SEO analysers in its library
- Keyword growth calculation
- Automating meta description for better ranking
You can see Stefan Neefischer’s article on “SEO Keyword Clustering with Python“. Also, use PEMAVOR’s free keyword grouping tool available on the link above.
#6 – Better Marketing Campaigns
When you launch marketing campaigns, it is vital to monitor them and make corrections. By doing so, you can focus on targeted segments.
You can create custom tools just to monitor your campaign success.
With your customised tool, Python can:
- Monitor ads, clicks, checkouts
- Reach and trace ads launched on other sites by using their API’S
- Estimate expected to increase in business and predict sales
In addition to monitoring, you can use Python to automate campaigns, too.
If you have a client with hundreds of products, creating a campaign for them takes unreasonable time.
Luckily, Python can automate the repetitive parts of your marketing campaign. You won’t have to type the same thing over and over again.
So far, you realized that coding is a valuable skill for marketers. But why Python is so prevalent in digital marketing?
Here’s a list of advantages that enable Python to stand out from other languages:
- Easy to use and learn
- Perfect for data science, data mining, data analytics
- Free and open-sourced
- It’s ideal for SEO and collecting data from different sources at the same time.
- It works on a variety of platforms.
- Vast and efficient library of in-built modules and feature libraries that cover all of the primary marketing functions.
How to Learn Python for Digital Marketing?
If you read this article so far, you are considering learning Python for your marketing operations.
You’re in the right track to improve your marketing game. But you must be wondering how you can learn Python effortlessly.
You can start by watching tutorials as a free way of learning Python. Below, we suggest one of the best tutorials available on YouTube by Corey Schafer.
- Modern marketing involves certain qualities attached to the You need to be engaged with automation.
- Python is the first choice for most marketers
- It’s handy for automating repetitive tasks
- Coding can improve SEO / SEM performance
- You’ll have a better understanding of your customer profile with Python
As you can see, learning Python significantly improves your performance. You can create more time by including coding in your marketing operations.
Start learning Python to:
- Optimise your time
- Master marketing campaigns
- Analyse your data faster and more professional
You’ll see that your marketing operations will benefit from Python in no time.
Thank you for reading, feel free to check our free tools and Insights to get further knowledge on Python and many other marketing practices.