Are you a businessman who yearns to explore the online world for better opportunities, business growth or expansion? You may get perplexed with several solutions and alternatives at your disposal, but we’ve come to clear the air. Our primary focus today is Shopify and Squarespace.
You may have heard a lot about Shopify with no clue of what Squarespace is or vice versa. Either way, both are eCommerce platforms that allow one to build a website and conduct business. For those that are fond of Shopify, Squarespace may appear not-fit, but not at all. Squarespace has managed to push up its solutions in recent years.
Shopify Vs Squarespace
Here is what you need to know about these website builders;
The Good in Shopify
Shopify offers free and paid solutions (Shopify Plus) for those that want to open up an online store. Explore Shopify benefits with us here;
- Anyone can start an online shop and begin selling instantly; however, a merchant running an enterprise store may require a Shopify development service due to the technicalities involved.
- Shopify comes with a range of fantastic tools for scalability and world-class functionality. These tools are ideal for back-end and front-end users.
- If you don’t know, Shopify powers some of the world’s biggest brands such as Staples, Allbirds, Pixi Beauty, Kylie Cosmetics, Red Bull and David/Victoria Beckham.
- Shopify payments are another excellent option to complete a shopper’s order. Also, you can avail of other payment options like PayPal, Apple Pay etc.
- Above all, Shopify offers the best SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tools where millions of online shoppers can access your e-store from any search engine.
The Good in Squarespace
Squarespace offers a chance for a seamless website that you and your shoppers will love;
- Squarespace is ideal for small online businesses, and if you care more about aesthetics, it won’t fail you. It comes with a range of attractive templates for anyone to own a beautiful online store.
- It offers an easy-to-use drag and drop editor, and one can use it even without coding skills.
- It offers excellent blogging tools like Blogspot through the built-in importer tool, and you won’t need extensions or extra apps.
- It powers some of the world’s international brands like HBO and Accenture.
- Customization is possible.
- It comes with excellent SEO tools, although the site may be slow.
The Downside of Shopify
Regardless of desirable and robust functionality, Shopify gives you access to a few free themes. However, paid solutions are a hallway to the most alluring (premium) themes.
Also, no blogging functionality for the free Shopify except premium.
The Downside of Squarespace
Even with all its aesthetic solutions, Squarespace lowly focuses on eCommerce, making it ideal for small and medium businesses rather than large ones.
- It also has fewer tools, and beyond that, you may require an alternative
- Templates aren’t compatible with some eCommerce features
- Squarespace offers no mobile support.
As modern website builders, Shopify and Squarespace offer an ideal platform to create an online store. Both provide excellent security (SSL certificates), which guarantee the safety of the store and shoppers’ information. Also, you can start up an online store quickly; however, Squarespace offers no futuristic eCommerce solutions.