Are you owning an L shaped sofa in your living room and pondering how to make the best use of it? Let us discuss the salient features of this particular sofa kind and how functional it can make. As we all know, L-shaped sofas are also referred to as sectional sofas that offer a streamlined appearance to the house interiors. One can configure it according to the needs and requirements with variations in the arm length and detachable sections. L shaped sofas are simply the best when the family is large and host a huge crowd. Wakefit sectionals are sophisticated with various versions of upholstery patterns that make them appear versatile even for a smaller space. Read on to know everything you need to know on converting the sectionals and making them highly functional.
How To Organize A L Shaped Sofa With Other Furnishings?
Styling an L shape sofa with other furnishings in the living room has certain distinctive aspects.
- While opting for a rug to pair with the L shaped sofa, choose a large bigger size that extends to the boundaries of the sectional. This will enable the room to appear large. Layer the rugs if the size is comparatively smaller.
- Choose a coffee table that is not very large and stays within the boundaries so that it becomes highly accessible for everyone to reach.
- Cushions can be placed on the corners of the sectional and even at the centre. This will provide a cosy feel and provide warmth for anyone sitting on it.
- Placing an additional console table against the back of a floating sectional will visually anchor the couch to its spot and act as extra decor.
Where To Place A L Shaped Sofa?
An L shape sofa design can be utilised in the best possible way by placing it in the proper position.
Against The Wall
This position is functional as the arm serves as a space divider, and if the component does not have a backrest, it can be used as a chaise lounge. Here the L shaped sofa is backed by a wall only on one side. Try placing the backrest near the front door in a small living room to define the entry path better.
Backing the L shaped sofa to a corner is the most conventional and popular position. Here both the arms are resting against a wall. This arrangement is best for a small living room as it completely utilises the dead spaces of the corners. In addition, it can accommodate the centre in this pattern with a rug, coffee table, ottoman and other armchairs.
Positioning an L shaped sofa to the centre works best when the area is large and massive. Place the couch rightly towards the focal point facing the TV unit or a feature wall too. The backside of the sectional sofa here can be made use of by installing a side console and can be used to store books and other essentials. Equip these side consoles with indoor plants, travel souvenirs and decors too.
What Are The Various Types Of L Shaped Sofa Online?
The various types of L shaped sofa design with their different functionalities are:
- Traditional L shaped Sofa: A traditional sofa in the shape of L will be made of wood to fit the room’s corners perfectly. These are easy to maintain and also light in weight. They are available in various shades of lumber and showcase the aesthetics of India.
- French L Shaped Sofa: These are also called the chesterfield sofa set and are an artefact of style. They have high arms and deep seating with exquisite carvings to develop a sense of French style. It is both functional and attractive and is an incredible addition to any living area.
- Leather L Shaped Sofa: These sectionals are considered premium quality ones as leather is the most expensive and luxurious sofa material. Matte or glossy, these are easy to maintain and are waterproof. It is best with pets and kids as they can be swiped off with a cloth and cleaned.
- Camelback L Shaped Sofa: The shape being very relevant, these sofas have a bump in the centre that looks like a camelback. This is the best choice of L shaped sofa for people who require expansion in their room. It syncs well with the Arabic theme and offers a grandeur living area when equipped with ceiling fixtures.
Benefits Of A L Shaped Sofa
There are various useful features that an L shaped sofa imparts when compared to the regular couches. They do not occupy ample space and easily complement all the interiors. The other benefits are:
- It can accommodate a more significant number of people.
- It can make the living space decluttered by occupying the corner position.
- They occupy less space as they are made of sections.
- The L shaped sofa has expansive seats that one can use for lounging in a very comfortable manner.
- It can be used as a substitute for a bed with regards to the larger seating area.
- It agrees with any home style.
- The L shaped sofa is affordable and is a valuable investment owing to its durability.
- Most of the L shaped sofas are installed with additional seats and footrests.
- They come in various materials, colours, and patterns which allows them to stand out.
- L shaped sofas provide a streamlined effect to the living areas.
- It is the best choice when purchasing a sofaset online as it requires very limited or no installations.
With an L shaped sofa, there is room for more, without a doubt. No matter the dimensions and size, it is ideal for lazing around in a living room. This multi-piece couch provides maximum comfort beyond boundaries, along with cushions and extra padding. Even for a small space, the only sofa that can create an illusion to make the area appear large is an L shaped sofa owing to its various positioning options. So have no second thoughts to invest in a sectional sofa and make the best use of it by applying the above discussed simple hacks and tips.
Beautiful Homes Service: an end-to-end interior design