Kennebunkport is a town in Southern Maine, New York City. It is famous for many things, especially its beautiful, scenic, serene beaches and walking trails.
Best Beach in Kennebunkport Maine
1.Kennebunk Beach: – is also known as Mothers’ Beach. It has a portion of perfect sand that is well guarded.
- Gooch’s Beach: -is the greatest part of Kennebunk Beach with the finest sand.
- Middle Beach: – this is a stony part of Kennebunk Beach, Mother’s and Gooch’s beach with lovely black stones.
- Colony Beach: – this beach is located at the outlet of the Kennebunk River.
- Cleaves Cove Beach: – is an excluded picturesque beach away from Ocean Avenue.
- Goose Rocks Beach: – has extremely soft sand, which is superb for walking. It is gorgeous and picture perfect.
Why you need an Esta Application
The esta application for uk citizens differs from others in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) Country seeking to enter the United States of America. Its requirement includes that applicant must:
- Stay within a time frame of 90 days
- Have a proper passport
III. Have no history of crime nor have contact with an infectious disease
- Return to their country after fulfilling the aim of visit and not be hired.
- Be for the purpose of tourism or business.
Status of Esta
Knowing your application status is paramount to proceeding with your preparations. That is, you don’t jump into your preparations fully without being sure of your status. After your application, you are to wait 72 hours to check status of esta. Input your application ID by going to the section “Confirm” and check. The esta platform is online; hence it’s easy to both apply and check the results. For the status update, you are either accepted or rejected. There are no reasons why one is accepted and the other rejected, but when an application is rejected, be patient enough to wait 10 days to reapply for another.
Kennebunkport Walking Trails
- The Eastern Trail – starts from Florida to Maine. It has a part of 65-mile in the East Coast Greenway. The trail has two points to get onto that have a brief distance from the Inn. This route is dog friendly and spacious enough to suit walkers, bikers, and runners.
- The Wells Reserve at Laudholm Farm – is an incredible seven mile trail. You can observe the point of fresh and seawater inter-mixing from the Salt Marsh Loop. A walk from the start of Laudholm Beach allows you to appreciate the boundary beaches that guard the mudflats (habitat to many seabirds and shellfish). From the Forest Trail, you can examine the vegetation of the area.
- Bridal Path in Kennebunk: This is a brief two mile walk equal in distance to the Mousam River and is acceptable for all. This path is ideal for a sunny afternoon walk when you want to flex your legs and be satisfied by a peaceful interaction with nature.
Kayak Excursions Kennebunkport Me
A wide range of activities is available at Kayak to your choice and preference.
- Coastal Maine Kayak & Bike of amazingly guided kayak tours! This establishment provides a few tour choices: Cape Porpoise Lighthouse Tour, Kennebunk River Tour, and Mousam River Tour. Each tour costs about 90$, and a tour bag pack consisting of essentials is made available.
- The Cape Porpoise Lighthouse Tour – is a favorite choice because visitors get to visit one of the last functioning lighthouses in the country; Goat Island. As you ride along, the guide assigned to you will enlighten you on the history and progress of the Kennebunks.
- The Mousam River Estuary Tour – is highly preferable for those seeking to unwind on the water truly. This activity carries guests through distant areas where a view of native flora and fauna is unavoidable.
- The Inn at English Meadows – This Inn is a coastal-themed guest room containing a large bed, a warm fireplace, an enormous bathroom and shower, a smart and recent television, a refrigerator filled with food, a coffee machine, a secret doorway. Throughout your stay every morning, you will have a delightful three-course breakfast that brags local, in-season flavors. All bookings at the Inn enables admission into their first-class amenities.
Distance from Kennebunkport to Portland Maine
Depending on the means of transportation, distance varies. When driving a car, a nonstop drive lasts for 28 miles or 45 km for 36 minutes. By air, the flight distance is 23 miles or 38 km, and the flight time is 33 minutes. A road trip takes a day of driving due to traffic, stops, etc. The travel time is about 24 hours on the road.